600g Diced Beef
2 Large Parsnips (cut into 1inch chunks)
1 Red & 1 Green Pepper (sliced)
3 or 4 Large Carrots (cut into 1inch chunks)
200g Closed cup Mushrooms (halved)
2 Medium Onions (chopped)
1 Medium Swede (cut into 1ich chunks)
400g Tin of Butter Beans (drained and washed)
5 Medium/Large Potatoes (cut into quarters)
Enough beef stock to cover ingredients
2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
Cornflower to thicken gravy
2 Cloves of Garlic (crushed)
Frozen Dumplings (1 per person)
1 Teaspoon of Mixed Herbs
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and brown the beef, once browned, add to the pressure cooker.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, including enough stock to cover the ingredients, (never fill the pressure cooker more than 2/3).
- Place lid on pressure cooker and lock, heat pot and bring pressure up to high setting and cook under high pressure for 20 minutes.
- Release pressure using quick method and add frozen dumplings.
- Bring pot back up to high pressure for a further 10 minutes.
- Release pressure using the quick method and check that potatoes and vegetables are cooked, if not, cook under high pressure for a further 10 minutes.
- Release pressure using the quick method and mix Cornflower with cold water, use the correct amount of cornflower according to how much stock you added to the pot.
- Keep pot on heat and poor in the cornflower mixture, stir until gravy is as thick as you like it.